Jump to navigation Jump to search
UK late-1950s. Probably from fantabulous.
- (Polari) Wonderful
- 2015, Howard, Alex, A Hard Woman to Kill (DCI Hanlon Series; 3):
- Next to her in the front seat her reluctant passenger grumbled. 'Well, this is all very nice. Fantabulosa I very much don't think.'
- 2017 February 4, “Church 'regret' as trainees hold service in gay slang”, in BBC News:
- Instead of the traditional "Glory be to the father, and to the son, and the Holy Spirit" the prayer offered was: "Fabeness be to the Auntie, and to the Homie Chavvie, and to the Fantabulosa Fairy".
- See Thesaurus:excellent (of the highest quality) and Thesaurus:wonderful (invoking awe and admiration)
- Baker, Paul (2003), “Appendix”, in Polari - The Lost Language of Gay Men, Routledge, →ISBN, page 174