Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The quality of being fastidious.
- 1952, Daphne Du Maurier, “Monte Verità”, in The Apple Tree:
- I told him of the night I had seen her standing with bare feet in the garden, on the frosted lawn.Yes, he said, that was the sort of thing she did. But she had a fastidiousness, a certain personal reticence, that he respected. He never intruded upon it.
- 1974, Graham Greene, The Honorary Consul, Pocket Books, New York, page 30
- A sense of fastidiousness made the doctor choose the left side, near the door, when he slept in it himself with Clara.