See also: feedzone
- feedzone (engineering sense)
- (cycling) A designated place along the course of a bicycle race where it is permitted for the riders to receive food and energy drinks from their team support personnel.
- (engineering) The portion of a device in which material that is input through a feed tube or other portal accumulates before processing.
2012, R. Bowen, Geothermal Resources, page 105:
- Thus the base of the effective reservoir is placed at 1500m depth, the actual location of the deepest major feed zone.
- 2015, Ronald DiPippo, Geothermal Power Plants
- Pressure readings are taken downhole next to the feed zone and the total flow is measured on the surface using a separator.