(Redirected from fengshui)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- enPR: fŭng shwāʹ, fo͝ong shwāʹ, fĕng shwāʹ, IPA(key): /fʌŋˈʃweɪ/, /fʊŋˈʃweɪ/, /fɛŋˈʃweɪ/
Audio (Japan) (file)
- Rhymes: -eɪ
- (spelling pronunciation) IPA(key): /fɛŋˈʃuː.i/
- Rhymes: -uːi
- The spelling pronunciation may be regarded as incorrect, although it is acceptable when used jocularly in informal situations.
- An ancient Chinese system of designing buildings and space arrangement according to special rules about the flow of energy, aimed at achieving harmony with the environment.
- In Chinese mythology, a system of spiritual energies, both good and evil, present in the natural features of landscapes.
system of designing buildings and space arrangement
system of spiritual energies present in landscapes in Chinese mythology
- (transitive) To arrange a space according to the rules of feng shui.
- I'm going to have my bedroom feng shuied. Maybe this will finally bring me good luck.
- feng shui
- Al voor de eerste helft van de 15de eeuw was de gehele nieuwe stad klaar, geheel volgens de regels van Feng Shui. — Already by the first half of the 15th century, the whole new city was completed, entirely according to the rules of feng shui.