Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(Redirected from fengshui)
- enPR: fŭng shwāʹ, fo͝ong shwāʹ, fĕng shwāʹ, IPA(key): /fʌŋˈʃweɪ/, /fʊŋˈʃweɪ/, /fɛŋˈʃweɪ/
Audio (Japan) (file)
- Rhymes: -eɪ
- (spelling pronunciation) IPA(key): /fɛŋˈʃuː.i/
- Rhymes: -uːi
- The spelling pronunciation may be regarded as incorrect, although it is acceptable when used jocularly in informal situations.
- An ancient Chinese system of designing buildings and space arrangement according to special rules about the flow of energy, aimed at achieving harmony with the environment.
- In Chinese mythology, a system of spiritual energies, both good and evil, present in the natural features of landscapes.
system of designing buildings and space arrangement
system of spiritual energies present in landscapes in Chinese mythology
- (transitive) To arrange a space according to the rules of feng shui.
- I'm going to have my bedroom feng shuied. Maybe this will finally bring me good luck.