Jump to navigation Jump to search
ferriferrocyanide (plural ferriferrocyanides)
- (inorganic chemistry) Synonym of Prussian blue; Misspelling of ferrocyanide.
- 2001, Oliver Sacks, Uncle Tungsten: Memories of a Chemical Boyhood:
- […] combine a vanadium salt with an iron salt such as ferric oxalate, and then the yellow of the vanadium ferrocyanide and the blue of the ferriferrocyanide would combine to form a brilliant green.
- 2016, H. Panda, Modern Technology of Textile Dyes & Pigments (2nd Revised Edition)
- Originally, iron blue was potassium ferriferrocyanide, FeK[Fe(CN)6], but it was found that potassium could be replaced with sodium or ammonium at lower cost and no sacrifice in properties.