Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (informal) Fastidious and fussy; difficult to please; exacting, especially about details.
- The baby was finicky until her diaper was changed.
- (informal) Demanding, requiring above-normal care.
- The lawnmower is a bit finicky in cold weather.
- The forms finickier and finickiest also exist, but are quite rare, and perhaps nonstandard. The forms more finicky and most finicky are much more common, and certainly standard.
fastidious and fussy; difficult to please; exacting