Jump to navigation Jump to search
firewheel (plural firewheels)
- Gaillardia pulchella, a flowering plant of southern US, from Arizona to Florida, and northern Mexico.
- A wheel of or on fire.
- 1974, Rundschau, volume 4:
- Ashes from the firewheels, spread through the fields, guarantee bumper crops for the coming seasons.
- 2009, Richard J. Evans, The Third Reich at War: 1939-1945:
- Weather conditions worsened and the bombers flew into a huge electrical storm that turned their propellers into giant firewheels, as one pilot reported, and blew them all over the sky.