Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: first-person
- (grammar) Forms of pronouns or verbs used for the speaker or writer of the sentence in which they occur.
- "Am" is the first person singular of "to be".
- 2008, BioWare, Mass Effect, Redwood City: Electronic Arts, →ISBN, OCLC 246633669, PC, scene: Hanar Codex entry:
- All hanar have two names. The Face Name is known to the world; the Soul Name is kept for use among close friends and relations. Hanar never refer to themselves in the first person in conversation with someone they know on a Face Name basis. To do so is considered egotistical, so instead they refer to themselves as "this one", or the impersonal "it".
- A form of narrative writing using verbs in the first person in order to give the impression that the action is happening to the narrator.
the form of a pronoun verb used when the subject of a sentence is making the statement