Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: flash point
flashpoint (plural flashpoints)
- The lowest temperature at which a liquid can form an ignitable mixture in air near the surface of the liquid.
- (figuratively) A hotspot; a dangerous place of violent political unrest
- A time and place when violence or conflict suddenly arises.
- 2017 March 14, Stuart James, “Leicester stun Sevilla to reach last eight after Kasper Schmeichel save”, in the Guardian:
- Chances came and went at both ends before the flashpoint involving Vardy and Nasri, who took an age to leave the pitch after Daniele Orsato, the Italian referee, brandished a red card.
the lowest temperature at which a liquid can form an ignitable mixture
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
- Joe Miller (24 January 2018), “Davos jargon: A crime against the English language?”, in BBC News, BBC