- (obsolete, rare) Producing tears.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Blount to this entry?)
- 1887, Andrew Magnus Fleming, Winklebach's Hotel
- The poor servant placed a handkerchief to her eyes and began to weep, for Dolly's arrogance toward her proved fletiferous.
- Thomas Stone, Frontier Experience
- […] notwithstanding his fletiferous crocodility, he maintained the most astounding adiophory and ataraxy.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.