flotsam and jetsam
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(Redirected from floatsam)
- (nautical) The remains of a shipwreck still floating in water.
- (nautical) That which has been discharged from a ship or boat, especially on the ocean or a sea, (flotsam unintentionally and jetsam intentionally).
- (figuratively) A collection of miscellaneous items or fragments of little importance.
- (figuratively) People considered to be of little worth.
- The flotsam and jetsam of society were at the night club.