Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Resembling a leaf or leaves.
- 1795, James Hutton, Theory of the Earth, Volume 1 (of 4):
- I have one specimen, in which the primary crystals are siliceous, the secondary thin foliaceous crystals of deep red but transparent iron-ore, forming elegant figures, that have the form of roses.
- 1901, T. H. Pardo de Tavera, The Medicinal Plants of the Philippines:
- The bitter principle contained in the root, wood and bark was discovered by Blunse who named it samaderin; it is a white, crystalline, foliaceous substance, more soluble in water than in alcohol, fusible.
- Bearing leaves.
- (resembling a leaf): leaflike