Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A train used for the transportation of freight.
- (by extension) A large, unstoppable force; a juggernaut.
- 2010, Richard D. Jensen, The Nicest Fella: The Life of Ben Johnson. the World Champion Rodeo Cowboy Who Became an Oscar-winning Movie Star, iUniverse, →ISBN:
- Williams was known as an unstoppable freight train of a guy, a man who was unfazed by pain and unafraid of getting hurt.
- 2010, Carolanne Allen, Living in the Light ... A Message of Love and Healing, Lulu.com, →ISBN, page 367:
- My estimable love and gratitude go out to my family for their continued support and patience in standing by me over the past months while I literally withdrew from life to 'grab a tail feather' and fly with this runaway freight-train of a project.
- 2012, Robert Graves, Seven Days in New Crete, Penguin UK, →ISBN:
- BenYeshu's theory was that 'these experiments will supply the necessary data as to when and why the freight train of civilization leapt the rails'.
train used for transportation of freight — see goods train