Jump to navigation Jump to search
frying (plural fryings)
- The action of the verb fry.
- 2009 October 7, Julia Moskin, “Fried Chicken: A Migratory Bird”, in New York Times:
- Mr. Pemoulie said the chefs tried various types of flour, multiple fryings, turning the batter into foam, and adding vodka to it (that idea stuck).
- 2020 September 1, Tom Lamont, “The butcher's shop that lasted 300 years (give or take)”, in The Guardian:
- There were signs of recent roastings and fryings, and Frank explained he’d been eating pretty well, making his way through frozen stocks from the shop.