Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
There are several theories about when and where the drink was invented, but in any case it gets its name from the fuzz of the peach and the navel orange used to make it.
- (uncountable) A cocktail (mixed drink), usually made with peach schnapps and orange juice, though sometimes made with lemonade instead.
- (countable) A serving of this cocktail.
- She ordered two fuzzy navels.
- (in compounds) A drink or food (of a specified type) which imitates this cocktail by featuring peach and orange as central flavours (with or without including any alcohol).
- fuzzy navel milkshake, fuzzy navel cake, fuzzy navel pie
- 1992, Marilyn Heimberg Ross, Tom Ross, Country bound! (ISBN 0918880300), page 81:
- And you can find menus with imagination: like "Jan's Restaurant's" chuck wagon soup and fuzzy navel pie ... a combination of peaches and orange juice.