Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Tall and thin, especially so as to cause physical awkwardness.
- 2007, Oswald J. Schmitz, Ecology and Ecosystem Conservation, page 34:
- Individuals of this rabbit species tend to be very large (about the size of a beagle dog); they have long ears and long, gangly legs and a very thin fur coats.
- 2011 October 15, Owen Phillips, “Stoke 2 - 0 Fulham”, in BBC Sport:
- [Peter Crouch] The gangly striker played a one-two with Jermaine Pennant as the winger cut in from the right, and although Pennant easily jinked past centre-half Brede Hangeland, he shot narrowly wide of the far post.
tall and thin, especially so as to cause physical awkwardness