Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Having gardens or maintained like a garden.
- 1871, Edmund Hodgson Yates, William Tinsley, William Croft, Tinsley's Magazine, volume 8, page 247:
- The heavens are bright with bright clouds, the air is sweet with perfume from tree and flower, the bay is gemmed with gardened isles and promontories.
- 2004, Francis Stevens, Gary Hoppenstand, The Nightmare, and Other Tales of Dark Fantasy, page 395:
- The gardened court held nothing to keep them lingering.
- simple past tense and past participle of
- He went shopping in the morning, and gardened in the afternoon.