See + -illion
- Rhymes: -ɪljən
gazillion (plural gazillions)
- (slang, hyperbolic) An unspecified large number (of).
- 2004 November 28, (0) -^- (0) [username], “A gazillion vintage transistors for sale on Ebay”, in rec.antiques.radio+phono, Usenet:
- Even if you are not a transistor collector, it is still pretty neat seeing that many early transistors. Wowzers...yes indeed...wowzers! Ok...it is not a gazillion but sure is a bunch.
- 2014 February 8, Schumpeter, “Barack Obama, deporter-in-chief”, in The Economist, volume 410, number 8873:
- First, he is merely following laws written by nativist Republicans. This is a cop-out. As president he sets priorities for the executive branch, which cannot catch and prosecute everyone who breaks any of the gazillions of federal rules.
- See also Thesaurus:zillion.