Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Alternative form of
- 1985 July, “Bavarian Oktoberfest”, in Vegetarian Times, number 95 passage=For your last summer picnic, try to capture the spirit of gemutlichkeit, and maybe the old Bavarian saying will come true: "Mit bayrischer Gemutlichkeit, da kommt man noch einal soweit," (with Bavarian gemutlichkeit, you will achieve more things in the long run)., page 46:
- 2007, Harold Flagg, GI Odyssey: World War II Memoir/Novella, →ISBN, page 66:
- Germany became a romantic land defined by gemutlichkeit—or coziness.
- 2011, Alan Hartley, Trekking in the Stubai Alps, →ISBN, page 176:
- This hut is in the top drawer of all huts, having maintained the gemutlichkeit tradition over many years.
- 2012, Iain Boal, Janferie Stone, & Michael Watts, West of Eden: Communes and Utopia in Northern California, →ISBN, page 13:
- As for conviviality, it of course connotes sociability, liveliness, festivity, élan, gemutlichkeit—where the sharing of good food and drink fosters fellow-feeling, happiness, boisterous joy in the presence of one's boon companions.