Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) Start working, usually in opposition to idleness.
- Stop playing computer games, and get busy with your homework.
- (idiomatic) Have sex
- The couple was getting busy in the front room when the doorbell rang.
2016 January 24, Les Chappell, “TV: Review: The Simpsons (Classic), “Natural Born Kissers” (season nine, episode 25, originally aired 05/17/1998)”, in The Onion AV Club:
- Homer and Marge have to try to explain things to children who are too worldly to fall for most excuses, the explanation trails off, and what could be a pleasant family outing to solve it all turns out to be yet another excuse for self-involvement when one public humiliation doesn’t outweigh the joys of getting busy in a windmill.
- 2007, Half Life 2 Episode Two, (video game):
- Alyx Vance: Did Dr. Kleiner just say to everyone that they should get busy?