get out of town
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Expression of incredulity.
1998, Tamar Myers, So Faux, So Good, page 191:
- "Get out of town!" Magdalena gave me a quizzical look. "That's just an expression, dear," I said kindly.
2002, Zane, The Heat Seekers, page 140:
- "Shae has four kids. All girls." / "Get out of town!" Tempest exclaimed, drawn back in shock.
- 2005, Shannon McKenna, Out Of Control', page 68
- "Let me pick another word," he said smoothly. "Fascinating." / "Oh, get out of town. Fascinating, my butt."