get work done
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To receive plastic surgery.
- 2006, Alex Kuczynski, Beauty Junkies: Inside Our $15 Billion Obsession With Cosmetic Surgery, page 80:
- The push to get work done younger is just a small part of the reason the cosmetic surgery industry is booming.
- 2010, Jami Attenberg, chapter 20, in The Melting Season:
- We've got nothing to be ashamed of but we don't want to advertise that we get work done either.
- 2011, Imogen Lloyd Webber, The Single Girl's Survival Guide:
- It's very hard to get work done in your hometown without it being noticed afterward.
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: see get, work, done.
- I can't get any work done with that noise outside!