Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: girly girl
girlygirl (plural girlygirls)
- A woman who behaves in a predominantly feminine manner (that is, who is not by any means a tomboy); a feminine woman.
- 2009, Laura Lippman, Life Sentences, page 284:
- The boys in her class, black and white alike, didn't see her as a girlygirl, while they clearly thought Donna and Tisha deserved that kind of attention.
- 2005, David Mansour, From Abba to Zoom: a pop culture encyclopedia of the late 20th century, page 315:
- Once upon a time—before the day of Gloria Steinem's feminist movement and Hillary Clinton's political correctness—a little girl could actually dream of growing up to become a sexist stereotype: an airline stewardess, a Playboy Bunny, a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader, or the ultimate girlygirl symbol—Miss America!
- 2002, Mary D. Midkiff, She Flies Without Wings: How Horses Touch a Woman's Soul, page 20:
- One thing I know, not a girlygirl, which would be stupid playing games talking teasing being tied to the junglegym.