see a man about a horse
(Redirected from go see a man about a horse)
A variant of see a man about a dog, from the implied context of seeing someone about a bet on a horse race.
- (slang, idiomatic, euphemistic) Used in place of a real explanation when excusing oneself for a short period of time, particularly to use a toilet.
- Ayto, John. Oxford Slang. 1998.
- Farmer, J.S. and W.E. Henley. Slang and its Analogues. 1986.
- Chapman, Robert L. Dictionary of American Slang. 1995.
- Matthews, Mitford M. A Dictionary of Americanisms. 1951.
- Spears, Richard A. Slang and Euphemism. 1981.
- Spears, Richard A. The Slang and Jargon of Drugs and Drink. 1986.