golosh (plural goloshes)
- Alternative spelling of
- 1909, John Kendrick Bangs, The Autobiography of Methuselah:
- Season of the ripe golosh; Running rivers in the street, Frozen toes, and soaking feet; Take this wreath of Poesie Dedicated unto thee, Undiluted stream of mush To the Merry Month of Slush!
- 1912, J.M. Barrie, Tommy and Grizel:
- "Are you wearing your goloshes?" said he, brightening.
- 1928, Lawrence R. Bourne, chapter 13, in Well Tackled!:
- “Yes, there are two distinct sets of footprints, both wearing rubber shoes—one I think ordinary plimsolls, the other goloshes,” replied the sergeant.