Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) enPR: grăpʹ(ə-)lĭng, IPA(key): /ˈɡɹæp(ə)lɪŋ/
- Rhymes: -æplɪŋ, -æpəlɪŋ
- Hyphenation: grap‧pling
grappling (plural grapplings)
- (gerund of grapple) An act in which something is grappled or grappled with.
- 2007 December 21, Bernard Holland, “Yielding to Youths Fierce Enthusiasms”, in New York Times:
- […] the Schoenberg is irresistible to young hearts in their initial grapplings with great questions of life, death, love and suffering.
- A grappling hook or grappling iron.
- A small anchor; a grapnel.
- handygripes (obsolete)
act in which something is grappled
grappling hook or grappling iron — see grappling hook, grappling iron
grapnel — see grapnel