- The state of being a great-grandparent.
1968, Otis Howard Green, Spain and the Western tradition: The Castilian Mind in Literature from El Cid to Calderón, page 202:
- He and Segismunda enjoy happiness and prosperity and eventually take delight in great-grandparenthood.
- 2000, Ruth Karola Westheimer, Dr. Steven Kaplan, Grandparenthood, page 46:
- Indeed, great-grandparenthood can be said to occupy much the same niche today as grandparenthood did a century ago: not all that common and little understood.
- 2009, John C. Cavanaugh, Fredda Blanchard-Fields, Adult Development and Aging, page 442:
- Three aspects of great-grandparenthood appear to be most important.