Jump to navigation Jump to search
- While or as if grumbling
- 1851, Henry Rowe Schoolcraft, Personal Memoirs Of A Residence Of Thirty Years With The Indian Tribes On The American Frontiers:
- But they went off disappointed, and grumblingly.
- 1902, Jack London, The Cruise of the Dazzler:
- This threat being dramatically capped by the click of a cocking pistol, 'Frisco Kid obeyed and went grumblingly back to the cockpit. "
- 1915, Ralph Henry Barbour, Left Tackle Thayer:
- Amy grumblingly agreed to give the stream another chance to behave itself.