See also: Gypsophila
From the genus name.
gypsophila (plural gypsophilas)
- Any of the many flowering plants of the genus Gypsophila, that have a profusion of small pink or white flowers.
1999, Hanneke Van Dijk, Encyclopedia of Border Plants, page 151:
- There are annual and perennial gypsophilas.
- 2001, David Michener, Nan Sinton (editors), Taylor's Guide to Ground Covers, page 243,
- Gypsophilas are closely related to pinks and carnations.
2004, Diana Beresford-Kroeger, A Garden for Life, page 75:
- Gypsophilas are easily grown from seeds.