Jump to navigation Jump to search
gyrotropization (plural gyrotropizations)
- Conversion to gyrotropic motion
- 2016, Kota Hirabayashi, Masahiro Hoshino, Takanobu Amano, “A new framework for magnetohydrodynamic simulations with anisotropic pressure”, in arXiv:
- In this paper, we demonstrate that this singularity can be completely removed away by the combination of direct use of the 2nd-moment of the Vlasov equation and an ingenious gyrotropization model.
- 2017, M. Gedalin, “Rankine‐Hugoniot Relations in Multispecies Plasma With Gyrotropic Anisotropic Downstream Ion Distributions”, in Journal of Geophysical Research: Space Physics:
- Gyrotropization occurs at scales substantially larger than the shock width. Isotropization is much slower than gyrotropization and occurs at even significantly larger scales.