Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
hairy eyeball (plural hairy eyeballs)
- (slang) A look askance at someone; a look of disdain or skepticism.
- He was giving me the hairy eyeball.
- (slang) A fond look at someone while batting one's eyelashes.
- He was telling me about a girl looking at him and he said, "She gave me the hairy eyeball." That meant she liked him.
- (Second variation as first used and described on television, in the TV show Hazel 4/6/1962).
- hairy eyeball at OneLook Dictionary Search