Jump to navigation Jump to search
haplogroup (plural haplogroups)
- (genetics) A group of closely related haplotypes.
- 1984, Alfred Nisonoff, Introduction to Molecular Immunology, page 128:
- A haplogroup comprises the genes present on one chromosome.
- 1993, “mtDNA Variation of Aboriginal Siberians Reveals Distinct Genetic Affinities with Native Americans”, in American Journal of Human Genetics, volume 53, page 591:
- The earlier Amerind migration carried with it only four Asian haplotypes, which subsequently evolved into Amerind-specific haplogroups A, B, C, and D.
group of haplotypes