Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: head man
headman (plural headmen)
- Alternative form of
- (informal, rare, chiefly India) headmaster
- 1995, Evelyn Wilde Mayerson, Miami, page 203:
- But then Nash speaks to the school headman on Josie's behalf and persuades him to admit my youngest son.
- 2005, Narain Roop Sonker, Poisonous Roots, page 20:
- The Headman and the Principal of the school have taken care that the children do not learn anything and that education does not make any progress in this region.
- 2015, Piyush Arora, My Childhood Love Story, page 38:
- Teachers were in the playground and our school Headman, Mrs. Rupali Chandra was on the stage.