Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Without protection or assistance.
- The fish flopped helplessly in the tiny remaining pool.
- Without the ability to help oneself.
- The boy rolled on the floor laughing helplessly.
- Without the ability to react actively.
- The spectators gaped helplessly as the balloon approached the power lines.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.