Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The act or state of hesitating.
- His hesitance was caused by bad past experiences.
- 1925, Robinson Jeffers, "Roan Stallion" in The Selected Poetry of Robinson Jeffers, New York: Random House, 1937, p. 156 
- […] Then California, resting the rifle / On the top rail, without doubting, without hesitance, / Aimed for the leaping body of the dog, and when it stood, fired.
- 2016, Times of India, 6 May, 2016, 
- No matter how much one denies it, there is always some hesitance when shooting an intimate scene. But an actor needs to shed inhibitions to look convincing.