Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The optimistic belief that an aim or goal will be achieved.
- 1959, Sammy Cahn (lyrics), Jimmy Van Heusen (music), “High Hopes”, in All the Way, performed by Frank Sinatra and Eddie Hodges, from the film A Hole in the Head (1959):
- Just what makes that little old ant / Think he'll move a big rubber plant? / Anyone knows an ant can't / Move a rubber tree plant / But he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes / he's got high apple pie, in the sky hopes […]
- 1979, Bernard Edwards; Nile Rodgers (lyrics and music), “We Are Family”, performed by Sister Sledge:
- Living life is fun and we've just begun / To get our share of this world's delights / High hopes we have for the future