See also: hotbed
- A mass of organic matter decomposing and giving off heat from microbial metabolic action.
- A garden bed using such a heat-generating mass; a hotbox.
- A central point of activity, relating to a specific task.
- A bed shared by workers, sailors, or soldiers operating in shifts (named for the idea that it is still warm when the next occupant gets into it).
- Reusing sleeping quarters in shifts.
- The crew of the submarine quickly got used to hot bedding.
- To farm using hotbeds for season extension.