hypno- + therapy
hypnotherapy (countable and uncountable, plural hypnotherapies)
- Treatment of disease by means of hypnotism.
- 1897 - Lippincott's Medical Dictionary
- Hypnotherapy, the therapeutic use of hypnotism.
- 1947 Leslie M. Lecron & Jean Bordeaux, Hypnotism Today
- Direct persuasive suggestion under hypnosis was the type of hypnotherapy used by the old medical practitioners of hypnotism.
- 1960 The Spectator, November 25
- Scientific training is attempted in the...two-year Hypnotherapy Centre course.
treatment of disease through hypnotism