Jump to navigation Jump to search
hypoandrogenism (plural hypoandrogenisms)
- (medicine) An abnormally low level of androgens.
- 1986, Emil Steinberger, G. Frajese, Anna Steinberger, Reproductive Medicine, page 135:
- Thus, hypoandrogenisms, even though slight, probably cause an alteration of the epididymal function, even though no corresponding alteration is observable in the functioning of other glands.
- 2015 July 9, Vitaly A. Kushnir et al., “Relative importance of AMH and androgens changes with aging among non-obese women with polycystic ovary syndrome”, in Journal of Ovarian Research, volume 8, DOI:10.1186/s13048-015-0175-x:
- For example, if non-obese PCOS patients despite seemingly normal androgen levels, indeed, suffer from relative hypoandrogenism, […] androgen supplementation may help in improving oocyte/embryo quality and fertility treatment outcomes.