Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /ʌɪˌat.ɹə(ʊ).ma.θəˈma.ti.kəl/
- (US) IPA(key): /aɪˌæt.ɹoʊ.mæ.θəˈmæ.tɪ.kəl/
Audio (UK) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: i‧at‧ro‧math‧e‧ma‧ti‧cal
- (obsolete) Pertaining to a practice of medicine in conjunction with astrology.
- 1621, Democritus Junior [pseudonym; Robert Burton], The Anatomy of Melancholy, Oxford: Printed by Iohn Lichfield and Iames Short, for Henry Cripps, OCLC 216894069; The Anatomy of Melancholy: […], 2nd corrected and augmented edition, Oxford: Printed by John Lichfield and James Short, for Henry Cripps, 1624, OCLC 54573970, (please specify |partition=1, 2, or 3):, II.i.4.1:
- Paracelsus goes farther, and will have his physician predestinated to this man's cure, this malady, and time of cure, the scheme of each geniture inspected, gathering of herbs, of administering, astrologically observed; in which Thurnesserus and some iatromathematical professors are too superstitious in my judgment.
- (now rare) Pertaining to a theory or practice of medicine founded on mathematical principles.