Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Of or pertaining to an ideology.
- 2009, Andrew B. Fisher and Matthew O'Hara, “Forward”, in Andrew B. Fisher and Matthew O'Hara, editors, Imperial Subjects: Race and Identity in Colonial Latin America, page 4:
- Given these entrenched ideological assumptions about the colonial order, it is no wonder that the state and those groups with an interest in the status quo viewed with suspicion and hostility any challenges to the fixed and "natural" boundaries between different sorts of people.
- Based on an ideology or misleading studies or statistics, especially based on the media or propaganda. Not based on scientific evidence or reality.
of or pertaining to an ideology
based on an ideology
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- ideological in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- ideological in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.