Jump to navigation Jump to search
- present participle of
- 1882, Henry Kendall, The Poems of Henry Kendall:
- And, across the gleaming beaches, lo! the mighty flow and fall Of the great ingathering waters thundering under Wamberal!
ingathering (plural ingatherings)
- The gathering in of a literal or metaphorical harvest
- 1886, Thomas Hardy, The Mayor of Casterbridge:
- From that day and hour it was clear that there was not to be so successful an ingathering after all.
- 1920, Emile Joseph Dillon, The Inside Story Of The Peace Conference:
- The peasant obtained also the seed, but this he was obliged to return to the state after the ingathering of the harvest.
- 1994 July 1, Adam Langer, “The Last Days of the House of David”, in Chicago Reader:
- Not until the ingathering are we talking about Eden.
- 2012 January 3, Ralph Benko, “Daniel Yergin's The Quest”, in Forbes:
- ... infuses a rich ingathering of information and analysis with the narrative power of a McMurtry, ...