Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The quality of being injurious.
- 1851, Henry Rowe Schoolcraft, Personal Memoirs Of A Residence Of Thirty Years With The Indian Tribes On The American Frontiers:
- Congress entertained an opinion of its injuriousness to the character of the Indians, and passed laws excluding it.
- 1916, James Marchant, Alfred Russel Wallace= Letters and Reminiscences Vol 2 (of 2):
- It is clear that some form of selection must always co-operate in degeneration, such as economy of growth, which he hardly notices except as a possible but not a necessary factor, or actual injuriousness.