Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Of, pertaining to or characterised by inversion.
The sexual revolution was in many ways inversive, turning many older ideas on their heads.
- 1983, Raritan, Volume 3, page 90,
- In fact, the most inversive of all such moves is Goffman's use of players as models for those involved in serious activities.
- 2015, Jack Santino, The Hallowed Eve: Dimensions of Culture in a Calendar Festival in Northern Ireland, page 140,
- The more inversive, peer-oriented, outdoor activities precede Halloween, while the family gatherings, meal, fireworks, and bonfire all take place on Halloween itself.