Blend of jelly + helicopter
jellycopter (plural jellycopters)
- (usually humorous, sometimes childish) a helicopter
1999 April 10, Richard Brown, “The Brotherhood of PEace”, alt.kosovo-relief.what.do.you.need, Usenet:
- All we care about is peace. Nout about the latest Apache jellycopters to go into service.
2001 May 7, Pete, “Re: Suffolk Game & Country Fair”, uk.rec.shooting.game, Usenet:
- Beyond (upwind) of the scurry ground, about 100 yards away, tops, the very busy A12 trunk road. To the right of the scurry ground, "have a go" archery. And beyond that the flaming jellycopter.
2004 June 23, Tickettyboo, “Re: Gozo”, uk.people.silversurfers, Usenet:
- ooh you are oodles braver than I am....I am scaredy of jellycopters :-)
2004, Mik Brown, Hee! Hee! Hee!: The Funniest Joke Book Ever, Pan Macmillan, ISBN 9780753409855, page 13:
- What's red and flies and wobbles at the same time?¶ a jellycopter
- Although normally humorous, it is sometimes used in a derogatory manner