- (slang) The ability to detect whether or not a person is a jerk.
2001 December 7, Big J [username], “Re: David Spade dating 6ft. Caprice”, in alt.gossip.celebrities, Usenet:
- Yeah, he's blipped mine, too. But he's beating the hell out of my Dorkdar® and Jerkdar® so much that I can't get an accurate reading from the Gaydar® -- it's such a *sensitive* instrument, you know.
- 2005, Angela Thompson, Where the Heck Is That Place Called Hope?, Lulu.com (2005), ISBN 9781430314325, page 68:
- I'm not a big fan of jerks, so it is good they are so easy to identify and to avoid. Your newfound “jerkdar” could be interpreted as a silver lining.
- 2006, Debra Webb, Never Happened, Harlequin (2006), ISBN 9780373880997, page 90:
- Knew it all too well from a couple of jerks she'd dated before her jerkdar had kicked in fully at age twenty.