Jump to navigation Jump to search
From joy + pad, modelled on earlier joystick.
joypad (plural joypads)
- (video games) A type of game controller held in the hand, where the digits (especially thumbs) are used to provide input.
- 2000, Rebbecca Ray, Pure, page 362:
- I heard it through Michael's window, I dropped the joypad on his floor.
- 2004, Simon Carless, Gaming Hacks, page 146:
- If you enjoy playing arcade-style games on your PC, you may have found that they benefit immensely from a joypad.
- 2006, Karl-Friedrich Kraiss, editor, Advanced Man-Machine Interaction, page 361:
- Joypads, as they are used in the gaming idustry, have the great advantage that they are designed to be used without looking at them (relief buttons, hand ergonomics).
gamepad — see gamepad
Unadapted borrowing from English joypad.
joypad m inan
- (video games) gamepad
Declension of joypad
- English compound terms
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English countable nouns
- en:Video games
- English terms with quotations
- Polish terms borrowed from English
- Polish unadapted borrowings from English
- Polish terms derived from English
- Polish 2-syllable words
- Polish terms with IPA pronunciation
- Rhymes:Polish/ɔjpat/2 syllables
- Polish lemmas
- Polish nouns
- Polish masculine nouns
- Polish inanimate nouns
- pl:Video games