Future passive participle (gerundive) of legō (“pick out, select”).
legendus m (feminine legenda, neuter legendum); first/second declension
- which is to be chosen, selected, appointed.
- which is to be collected, gathered, brought together.
- which is to be taken, stolen.
- which is to be traversed, passed through.
- which is to be read (aloud), recited.
- “legendus” in Félix Gaffiot’s Dictionnaire Illustré Latin-Français, Hachette (1934)
- Carl Meissner; Henry William Auden (1894) Latin Phrase-Book, London: Macmillan and Co.
- to read cursorily: legendo percurrere aliquid