From Middle English stolen, istolen, from Old English stolen, ġestolen, from Proto-Germanic *stulanaz, past participle of Proto-Germanic *stelaną (“to steal”), equivalent to stole + -en. Cognate with Scots stellin, stollin (“stolen”), Saterland Frisian stäälen (“stolen”), West Frisian stellen (“stolen”), Dutch gestolen (“stolen”), German Low German stohlen (“stolen”), German gestohlen (“stolen”), Swedish stulen (“stolen”).
stolen (not comparable)
- That has been stolen.
stolen (plural stolens)
- (US, MTE, MLE) Something which has been stolen.
- 2015 July 19, “5: Other Lives”, in True Detective, season 2:
- Oh, a few months back, a detective came by with pictures of identical diamonds. Wanted to know if anybody had come around maybe trying to sell them. I told him I read the pawn sheets regular and I haven't seen them listed. He tells me they don't want the stolens on any sheets.
- 2018 February 17, Fumez the Engineer (music), “Plugged In Freestyle”, performed by Mitch, 3:36:
- Spinner, shotty, semi
These shots ain't no Henny
If this Glock holds twenty
I make it scream like Dezzie
Dilemma like Kelly
Before I had a bar like Peggy
How many pagans? Many
Ask my probation...
She knows it's many, many
And if I take it there it's edgy
You see my stolens come with petty
- 2020 March 26, Tunde (lyrics and music), “Mob Ties”, 1:53:
- The young bulls get the green light, suttin's gettin' sabotaged
They’ll get it done in a hoopty on the ped or even on the handlebars
But the main focus is doe bro rest in peace M we're just tryna have it large
Screaming fuck feds get gwop let me see your battle scars
We trap in stolens 24's shag whips and rattle cars
- 2021 August 24, Booter Bee (lyrics and music), “No Point”, 0:38:
- Fill that clip with golden worms
Grap that dots and fold it first
(snap!) make sure that the stolen works