Category:English adjectives ending in -en
This category is a list of English adjectives that are formed by adding an -en suffix (or similar) to a noun.
This should not be used simply as a spelling grouping. The category is specifically concerned with the relationship between a noun and its adjective.
Specific criteria for inclusion
Words should only be included when :
- the stem word is a noun
- the adjective is formed by extending the noun
- the suffix is -n, -en, or -ern
- the adjective is not exclusively a past participle
Examples of words that are not to be included:
- eaten - past participle of "eat"
- children - a noun, not an adjective
But the following words are correctly (if contestably) included:
- the west - western
- a drunk - drunken
- some brass - brazen
Pages in category "English adjectives ending in -en"
The following 127 pages are in this category, out of 127 total.